Well, week one in Buffalo is well underway. In truth, we are in East Aurora, I'm not sure if people here really make the distinction? I think that's likely...kinda like "I'm from Lockport, not Winnipeg". East Aurora is a small village of 7000 people that is about 20 minutes away from Buffalo. I haven't explored too much yet since we only have the one car, but I can say it's a pretty town. People seem moderately friendly to maybe a bit unfriendly if you don't know them? Tyson's co-workers seem very nice, but the average person on the street is a bit...hmm, gruff maybe? Or maybe I just haven't met the right people yet.
Jaden likes his new home, but misses his friends in Hawaii, especially Haylie. I think he doesn't really understand what's happened with his toys yet - almost daily I am asked whether his toys are coming here or not. (Like he doesn't have enough with what he has here at the moment...)
Nothing too exciting to report right now really, except that we are here and settling in our new home. Jaden and I have been out walking/dawdling. It's one mile each way to the grocery store, but it's a pleasant walk and passes a lot of time (especially if Jaden walks himself).
More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment