Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Week in Review

Well, this was our first week with Tyson working and Jaden and I home alone during the day. It feels like the vacation is over and we're settling into this new reality.

We have our routine established fairly well, and it includes some swimming and walking, kind of boring drab stuff to write about, but breaks up the day nicely. Sufficed to say, we spend a lot of time outdoors and have really enjoyed exploring our new territory. We found a couple of parks, a strip mall (sadly, no Starbucks nearby...boo I say).

The highlight of the week was a trip to Pearl Ridge Centre - a shopping mall that seems a bit more "in our league" versus the Ala Moana Centre I wrote about in an earlier post. Jaden and I loved the bus ride, about 35 minutes of winding through residential areas (Tyson and I drove there today, it took 10 minutes by car). The buses are air-conditioned (and our apartment not, I think I'll spend some time on the bus!!) and really clean, not like Winnipeg Transit. Anyway, it was uneventful except that I started out in entirely the wrong area to catch the bus (though I followed the directions I was given), was rescued by a very nice bus driver who happened by in his out-of-service bus and gave us a lift back to where we needed to be.

No comments: