
Just a couple of pictures of Jaden taken over the course of the week! He sure loves the "mamera" as he calls it.Well, yet another week has slipped by so quickly I can scarcely remember what we did. Jaden and I did have a couple of real adventures that were a lot of fun though.
On Thursday, I decided to check out a local mom's group and let Jaden play with some children near his own age. Of course, I decided at nearly the last minute so had to run around and get things ready to go including a lunch and the miscellaneous items one needs when travelling with small children. The backpack was huge. I did try to grab the camera but the batteries were dead, so I have no pictures. Sorry.
Anyway, we had to travel (unknown to me when I set out) onto a military base. Well, the bus was stopped at a random checkpoint and low and behold, I had forgotten all of my photo identification at the apartment. Only me I tell you. I had sunscreen, I had toys, I had snacks and two drinks for Jaden. Did I have I.D.? Heck no! So, the military guard looked at me rather incredulously while I explained my story, and only hesitated a moment when I said I was from Canada. I assured him I had no idea I would actually be traveling onto the base, finally he let me go after I offered to call my contact for this mom's group. OF course, I'm holding up a bus half full of military personnel who are likely now getting late for their appointments...not smart. Anyway, it was rather uneventful after that, and note to self for the future.
The mom's group were very nice, and Jaden really enjoyed playing with three children all his age. He held hands with a little girl named Gabby, and seemed to really like her a lot, giving her hugs and such. A flirt I tell you!
On Friday, Jaden and I went to Ala Moana mall to browse. It's been so hot here that getting into some nice air conditioning is a nice relief. Anyway we shopped until we met up with Tyson, then walked around the Ala Moana beach park for a bit and headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment