Tyson and I decided last weekend to drive the other side of O'ahu and check out the Wai'anae coast. First of all, I have to say I'm impressed with my bad self in my newfound ability to dissect the Hawaiian language and pronounce some of these words (though I'm sure I butcher them all!). Very foreign but they really roll off the tongue after awhile. Anyway I digress.This coastline was a lot more rugged, the climate seemed more arid, at least it seemed so because there was a lot of brown rather than the luscious green of other areas on O'ahu. Overall I didn't like this side of the island as much (also very industrial and more rundown) but there were still some impressive sights. I also got to see my very first surfer for real at Ka'ena state park (the beach shown in the photo). Hmm, wait, maybe I've seen a couple off in the distance in California. Anyway, I saw a real Hawaiian surfer...surely that counts for something.
No comments:
Post a Comment