There are a lot of day to day gaps in my writings, some small others not so much, so since this will be a quiet weekend, I may as well do some catch up.
First of all it's a quiet weekend because Jaden seems to be sick. He has a slight fever, and had a runny nose a few days ago. He did just have a plethora of shots this past week so I'm thinking it could be that (or maybe teeth?). At any rate, he's cranky and we don't want to chance him getting sicker by taking him to the beach.
It's also a quiet weekend because tomorrow night I'm heading out to Vancouver to get my visa for my new job. For those who don't know, I got a job as a chemist with a company called Oceanic Analytical. I will be the section leader of the semi-volatiles lab - a small promotion I think, more responsibilities anyway. It sounds like fun and everyone seemed really nice in my interview so I'm looking forward to it overall. The only reservation really is Jaden in daycare, but we've been fortunate to find a great daycare provider and Jaden will only be there a few hours a day.
Back to the trip though, I'm very much not looking forward to it. I fly out tomorrow night at 10:20 pm and arrive in Vancouver at 9:45 am on Monday morning. I leave Vancouver at 1:45 pm and return to Hawaii at about midnight Monday night. Talk about marathon flying. With luck I'll be able to sleep on the plane.
On a happier note, my new laptop arrived this past week, and I sit here happily typing on it now. I really love it, my treat for finding a job! It's a Dell, I don't konw the specs, but I can say it is super awesome. I think I'll make a habit of getting to a coffee shop one night a week with it to sit and write or update my blog or whatever (even if it is just to get out of the house)...and of course go to Starbucks!
As I mentioned, Jaden was at the pediatrician this past week. In addition to the myriad of shots, he was weighed and measured. He's 28.5 pounds and 34 inches, which is 75th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. Happy and healthy...well, perhaps not TOO happy when we were at the doctor's but definitely moreso afterward!
No comments:
Post a Comment