Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An Update on Jaden

Well, it sure has been awhile since I've posted on here and there is so much that we've done, so I'll just have to give the general impressions on things. A good place to start (at least the most interesting for some?) would be an update on the new things Jaden is doing and learning.

Jaden seems to be coping well with island life, and seems to love exploring his new home. His favourite pasttime at the moment though is definitely talking. He's starting to string together a few words, his favourites being "garbage truck" and "black car", which of course don't sound remotely like that but spending enough time with him it gets easy to figure out (or maybe just easier).

We bought Jaden a new potty the other day, and are trying to get him used to the idea of what it's for and how it works. He seems to revel in sitting on that potty at least a couple of times a day, and sure enjoys taking all his stuffed animals to sit on the potty. I have to admit, he's a bit of a ham and gets a kick out of himself most of the time. We of course are not going to force the issue, but thought getting him used to the idea might help somewhat.

One thing that kind of took Tyson and I by surprise was Jaden's ability to hum "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" all the way through and on key enough to know what he was singing. It's not a song we sing a lot (though it's the same melody as the alphabet song? I never knew that) but I guess he likes it!

Well, that's most of the latest with our little Jaden. We'll have to see how he likes daycare, we'll find out soon enough and I'm sure it will be a challenging transition for him at the first. Good for him to play with some other kids though.

No comments: